The library of the Government Arts College, Ooty is digitalized completely with the funding of State Government. The library is digitalized in 2006 and automation was done by Autolib Software. The OPAC of the library can be accessed from anywhere online during working hours. The digital library is completely wifi enabled for the students and faculty. The library has a server and 4 client systems. This can also be accessed offline at any time during the working hours
Library is a collection of sources of information and similar resources, made accessible to a defined community for reference or borrowing. On our college the library was established in 1957 ..
We have 17894 books and , 4 journals of books are available here.
Rules & regulations
In order to maintain a safe and welcoming environment for reading, learning and other Library activities, the “Library” require all visitors to comply with the following General Rules and Regulations.
- Making unreasonable noise, including loud talking on a cell phone or otherwise.
- A person desirous of using the Library shall enter his/her name, address and time of entry legibly and put signature in the register kept at the entrance for the purpose
- Library and reading room are open to all students and staff of the college
- A non-member can use the library materials in the Library premises with the permission of the Librarian.
- Readers should not mark, underline, write, or tear pages or otherwise damage the library documents
- Transfer certificate will not be issued to the students unless all the books due from them are returned
- Books are issued to the students on all working days of the college from 10 A.M.-4 P.M.
- No Library material can be taken out of the Library without permission of the Librarian.
- Reference books will not be issued
- Students must return all the library books at the end of every semester exam